Sunday, June 13, 2010

Why shold it be handyMAN?

I'm beginning to feel good about my decision to stay on in Troy instead of going over to rhode island before the workshop for my internship starts. I think my housemates and I are learning to trust each other and learn about each other.

Yesterday night when Jay came to stay over, we also watch Jurassic Park, but a silly version with people talking at the background mocking the lines by the characters and also about the movie. now I know why America has an irking binge drinking problem among the youth. Even watching a movie and playing games they can leisurely finish a dozen bottles of beer, between 2 guys! And they drink it like it was orange juice or something. they even drink so much soda at one go. I didn't join in, cos I don't like beer and I better not grow the habit.

Oh and today, the landlord brought us a new Island and a sleeping couch that has a foldable bed. The island came in the wooden planks and screws and we had to assemble them. And......I found that I'm quite good with assembling parts. Maybe it has been an interest that I long forgotten. I remember when I was young, I was always interested in watching how my father fixed the household appliance, and how my uncles put the furnitures together. They never let me try out because all the was simply TOO COMPLICATED for a little GIRL. I guess I kinda forgot how I sometimes wanted to breakdown a remote control into it's parts and see if i could fix it again. Haha, another masculine side of me revealed!!

One thing's for sure, the guys would not expect me to know much about fixing things, I could hear it from Matt's tone when he said "don't worry, Jay and I will figure this out". I bet he never would expect to say "I think she's right" when I spotted the mistake and solved their problems a few times. But I did find it weird why they couldn't figure out what I resolved when they are engineering students......hm...i'm sure i'm not that good, I wonder if it's just them...

Tomorrow I am going to start following my study schedule...wish me luck!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment